I had been negotiating with a seller for a used Jeep Wrangler and we finally agreed on a price, but then he hit me with the classic line that another buyer was coming the next day so I needed to decide fast. I called my usual mechanic but he was booked solid for a week, which was completely useless in that situation. A colleague at work mentioned there are mobile services that do same day checks, so I found a Quick Jeep pre-purchase inspection service in Dubai that could come out within hours. The guy showed up on time, spent about forty minutes going over the suspension, the transfer case, and scanning for any hidden fault codes. He found a minor oil leak and some worn bushings but nothing that would stop me from buying it. I used the report to knock a bit off the price and closed the deal that same evening. Honestly if I had waited for my regular guy I would have lost the car to the other buyer. Has anyone else used a fast inspection service? Were they actually thorough or did I just get lucky? Curious to hear if these quick checks are generally reliable or if I should still get a second opinion after buying.
Almost lost a Jeep because I waited too long for an inspection
by Henna Wilmott -
Number of replies: 0