Encryption of files and firewalls are just some of the security measures that can be used in security. This free course, Network security, which assumes you have a substantial knowledge of computing, helps to explain the intricacies of the continually changing area of network security by studying the main issues involved in achieving a reasonable degree of resilience against attacks.
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- identify some of the factors driving the need for network security
- identify and classify particular examples of attacks
- define the terms vulnerability, threat and attack
- identify physical points of vulnerability in simple networks
- compare and contrast symmetric and asymmetric encryption systems and their vulnerability to attack, and explain the characteristics of hybrid systems.